3.20.2005

Rakkasah 2005

Wow, Audrea, Tempest and I attended the Rakkasah 2005 yesterday; this is the first year we went as spectators and not performers. Needless to say, after spending 7 1/2 hours listening, walking, watching and spending, we are today utterly exhausted. It was so worth it. I tried listening to a couple of music cd's we purchased and I just couldn't do it. I guess I will just have to wait for tomorrow to see if I like the music we picked out or not. We have to listen to the music and decide which one to work on for our routine at Desert Dance.

I did not spend as much money as I usually do at Rakkasah, thanks to both Audrea and Tempest. Every time I picked up something of interest at a vendor's booth, I had one or the other say, "Egypt" and that was the end of that. My trip, which is like so close now, is solely to buy as much jewelry, fabric, trim and hopefully costumes at reasonable prices. Yea baby :-)

there were many, many performers and we enjoyed a few. We give them all two thumbs up and give them credit for getting up on stage and performing. The troupe we really enjoyed the most was Domba. They were great and we appreciated the change in tempo. They did a Bollywood routine; it is my understanding that the music they used is a piece from a Bollywood movie. It was different and it was fun.

Well, that is my report and there is yet much to tell. I have to get back to packing. When did packing get stressful? any whoo, Happy Birthday Estefania and I hope you had a blast in Mendocino this weekend!

M