1.22.2005

Where life's journey takes us

Tonight is the big send off party for my nephew. Yes, he is being shipped over to the middle east to help spread freedom and democracy. I'm very sad about this. He is nineteen and really knows little about anything. He looks at all this as a chance to travel and gain independence and see the world. I wish felt his optimism. I hope that the war over there is ended soon and that he is able to come home-alive. The family is suffering now and conversations are awkward. How do you say goodbye and not kill his enthusiasm for this huge journey. He is the one making the sacrifice and you'd never know it. He is a happy kid and isn't worried a bit. May peace prevail. I said my farewell privately. I won't be going to the party. Somehow it all just seems wrong. Tempest Sultana