12.09.2004

City of Vallejo

It is difficult to describe the City of Vallejo. You have many a transplant here and quite a diversity of residents. On the one hand you have the "City", be afraid, be very afraid. The characters here can really get on your last nerve if you let it; or scare the s__t out of you.

On the other hand, you have a quaint little town. I guess it all depends on where you are and the people you surround yourself with. Being an ex-New Yorker, I can deal with the "City" and kind of step back and watch the "Mayberry" scene. For instance, due to the mis-management of our City employees and the city budget; Vallejo is broke.

The Christmas tree for the city was actually donated by a few residents. The tree lighting ceremony was quite the home town setting; Christmans caroling, hot apple cider, benches to sit and hear a few of our City Officials speak... I felt all warm and fuzzy being surrounded by these gentle folks. Is it the holiday season or are people this nice all year round? Okay, now I sound like a true cynic, time to go.

No matter my experiences here, I do like this town. There are very nice people here (they out number the creeps and waste of human flesh) and the weather here can not be beat.

Well enough of my one and a half cents. Gotta go.
M